I specialize in making tools and code go fast. I solve problems for artists, developers, and gamers alike.
Production Tools Engineer
Working with the Technology Development Group (TDG) implementing bugfixes and new features to Reality Composer, internal tools/frameworks, and other unannounced projects.
- Contributed work to the physics, animation and USD parser sub-systems of the engine/frameworks.
- Also collaborating with Autodesk to contribute both bug fixes and new features to the USD for Maya project and ensuring a successful workflow for USD on Apple platforms.
- Worked on proprietary production tools for our various internal art teams and am one of the two engineers working on any DCC-specific tooling.
- Help support other teams at Apple who are making use of USD and develop features/bugfixes to address their needs.
Senior Cinematics Technical Director I
Part of the front-end TD team at Blizzard Animation, working on the tools and technology behind the cinematics across Blizzard titles.
- As a senior, I was tasked with taking on the responsiblities of helping to guide more projects and other junior TDs to success as well in their own endeavours.
- I worked on tools and pipeline projects and saw them through across departments, all the way to final render (and usually beyond).
- Worked closely with RnD/Engineering departments on various projects, including public forks (e.g. Alembic enhancements) and internal-only tools.
- Developed internal libraries (PSD parser, custom animation file format) and Python extensions for other departments to use.
- Developed WinDbg extension to help debug complex issues and coordinated with 3rd-party vendors, dropping to assembly when necessary without access to source code.
Cinematics Technical Director
Working on the front-end TD team at Blizzard Animation to support and create tools for artists within the Cinematics group.
- Worked on tools/pipeline that span almost the entire range of departments across the Cinematics team (Previz/Concept/Modeling/RigSim/Animation/Surfacing/Lighting/RnD etc.
- GUI tools (Qt, ImGui etc.), DCC plug-ins (Maya, 3ds max, Mari etc.), file formats (Alembic, PSD, internal-only etc.), proprietary software (lighting engine), whatever the need is for a project to succeed.
Worked on Heroes of Newerth as a technical artist and pipeline developer.
- Developing pipeline tools, including custom ftrack integration for various DCC applications.
- Developed CI build process for tools team.
- Overhauling animation/rigging process from a legacy pipeline.
- Conduct RnD for new features along with training artists to use various new tools.
CG Animator/Technical Artist
Worked on the video game Never Alone.
- In-game/cinematic character animation.
- Character rigging and writing custom tools in order to facilitate the animation asset pipeline.
- Character modeling and shader/fx lookdev.
- Debugging Unity 3D issues related to the art pipeline.
3D Generalist (internship)
Worked on various TV commercials.
- Set extensions and rough keying for various shots in live-action.
- Modeling/texturing/rigging/animation/storyboarding for a CG animated intro sequence.
VFX artist (internship)
Worked on the video game Dark Grounds.
- Design/implementation of various visual effects, along with map/gameplay scripting.
- Development of promotional material, including the official game website.
Temporary graphic designer
Created various illustrations and worked on internal videos/photography for company events.